Features & Fixes
...available in Smalltalk/X jv-branch which are not integrated to eXept's version
(stc, virtual machine, basic classes)
- FIX: Fixed nasty bug in memory manager causing VM to crash in LIFO remset processing after a scavenge. See commit 95424d78c089/stx.librun.
- ENH: Added an API for smalltalk-level JIT compiler. For details, see API announcement and examp;es. See 19a467599861/stx.librun.
- ENH: Speed restart from snapshot (approximately 4 times) by speeding up various lookups See f7d321288000/stx.librun and fac1756ff585/stx.librun.
- ENH: In STC generated code, always refer class object using
__STX_SomeClassinstead of just
SomeClass, i.e., use
__STX_prefix. This allow to
#undef SomeClassin case it clashes with included definitions.
- FIX: Fixed bug #68: String>>indexOf:startingAt: broken under Windows/ MINGW64. See 5fd16edf5a5f/stx.libbasic.
- FIX: Fixed bug in LargeInteger literals in stc-compiled code.
- ENH: Performance & functional improvement in FFI callouts (see de37550dc3dd/stx.libbasic)
- FIX: Fixed a baad bug causing VM crash when one set a breakpoint on Java Method (see librun commit 79868de791e7)
- ENH: Fill in Block source position, i.e., an offset of opening bracket. Given a
Blockinstance, one may ask for it's source position by
aBlock sourcePos. Moreover, one can get a parse tree (RB) of the block by
aBlock parseTree. This allows for nice optimizations in PetitParser compiler.
- FIX: Fixed bug in Java synchronized method invocation (see issue #84.
- FIX: Fixed FileStream>>position, position: and setToEnd when stream is in non-buffered mode. See commit 5e7e40d367f2
- ENH: When VM is compiled in DEBUG mode (default), allocate extra guard pages behind each newspace halve.
- FIX: Fixed baaad bugs in various allocation routines causing overflow to memory behind newspace and thus trashing whatever data are there. See commit 384622fa1a79. Few VM routines suffered the same.
- FIX: Fixed initialization of poly caches (they have not been cleared properly)
- ENH: Performance fixes in String>>at: and Array>>at:/at:put: - see 877a8f1b326d/stx.libbasic and 9e4db770f8f5/stx.libbasic
(stx:libtool, stx:goodies/smallsense, stx:goodies/refactoryBrowser, ...)
- ENH: Revamped build script allowing anybody to build Smalltalk/X jv-branch from source. See wiki page on building Smalltalk/X jv-branch from sources. Thanks to Patrik Svestka for making me to do this!
- ENH: Integrated Jakub Nesveda's excellent custom refactorings (announcement)
- ENH: Mercurial: Added support for commit amending (i.e., for
hg commit --amend. See stx:libscm issue 19.
- ENH: Added support for auto-configuration of SCMs. This means that in a common case it is no longer necessary manually manage mapping from package to its source code manager. See 30f4d586370e/stx.libbasic3.
- FIX: Fixed SVN to work with SVN 1.7. See 6558c17e1a7f/stx.libsvn
(stx:libview, stx:libview2, stx:libwidg, stx:libwidg2)
- FIX: Reinitialization of XFT fonts after snapshot restart. See 8061a9b76953/stx.libview and 6cc9d56cb05d/stx.libview
- FIX: Issue #42 User-defined (Xft) fonts are not preserved upon snapshot restart...
- ENH: Ship Smalltalk/X jv-branch with Cairo support. See https://bitbucket.org/janvrany/stx-goodies-libcairo
- FIX/ENH: Better (standard) selection / cursor movement. See EditTextView>>selection_and_cursor_movement for details.
- ENH: Linux builds include XFT support for smoother text rendering. Check how to enable anti-aliased fonts on Linux.
- ENH: X11: Make Smalltalk/X be more adhering to ICCCM 2.0 and EWMH 1.5 standards. This improves UX of Smalltalk/X when run under modern window manager, such as Gnome Shell.
- FIX: Fixed a bad bug in Xft font rendering causing a VM crash (due to memory corruption, see c5cb9d5dfaae/stx.libview)
- ENH: Separated FontConfig?-related code from
FcConstants. See 000f5ae96151/stx.libview, 51e71e95c952/stx.libview and f2d585b5f20e/stx.libview
- Select a DictionaryInspectorView/right click on protocol space and select new/then close the window by the upper right cross
- Downloading Stable build from Jenkins does not "see" styles - loaded with default Motif sytyle
- Inspector2 does not show custom presentations
- Make a dark theme for StX
- Creating a simple application produces a MessageNotUnderstood]: Symbol does not understand: #theMetaclass in process UIPainter  error
- In GUI painter - activating/deactivting grid produces an error
- unable to run on windows xp
- Cleanup and document package path initialization
- Restart from snapshot crashes when initial working directory is not directory of stx.exe (Windows only)
- 32bit Linux build crashes when compiled using GCC 5.x
- stc does not handle CVS-under-Mercurial working copies
- stc may not detect Subversion 1.7+ repositories
- Convert all repositories from SVN to Mercurial and move them to BitBucket
- Fix build tools to allow easy (re)compilation of whole IDE or application for deployment.
- Starting StX with saved image kills the whole environment
- Can not place widget on the NewApplication window (the preview of the app window)
- [MessageNotUnderstood]: UIPainterView does not understand: #deviceClippingRectangle in process UIPainter 
- Saving snapshot breakes the image (win64) - build 2103
- Settings => mercurial+ => MessageNotUnderstood
- Getting an error when trying to use MenuBar element in Menu tab in widget
- Test Runner Tool window appears from nowhere
- Merge Behavior>>basicNew: from upstream
- Add tests for selector namespaces to regression tests
- String>>indexOf:startingAt: broken under Windows/ MINGW64
- RBParser does not parse symbols with ::
- String #hash return different values for instances of String and Unicode16/32String
- Wrong version parameter for Windows
- Fix RBParser to support annotations/pragmas
- CVS Commit: do not pre-fill tag from previous commits
- User-defined (Xft) fonts are not preserved upon snapshot restart...
- In project view. selecting a class selects class's package and all extending packages
- ChangeSet>>fromStream: fails to read changes from non-positionable stream
- Cannot delete class using shortcut (Delete)
- Lint button is disabled in project view
- Assertion failed in EditTextView
- Selection is lost when selecting rules in lint rule selection dialog.
- XftFontDescription causes crash on snapshot restart
- Explainer crashes when explaing method in Autoload class
- startup error - NoHandlerError: Depth8Image does not understand: #isViewBackground
- XftFontDescription should respond to #encoding
- No text rendered in ChangesBrowser when using Xft fonts
- Tab labels not rendered properly when using Xft rendereing
- RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) error when using Xft rendering
- CodeView2 line numbers clipped when exceed 999
- Cypress support broken
- DNU in browser when selecting Selector → Compare menu
- Migrate NewSystemBrowser to use InlineMessageDialog.
- Class category is not updated when class changes
- In-place search in class category list is broken
- Class list in browser does not refresh when testcase status changed
- Bug in (probably) selection handing in UIPainter
- Ugly fonts in Smalltalk
- Accept/Cancel bar is shown twice.
- Review Smalltalk>>initSystemPath
- 'Build' button in FileBrowserV3 no longer works